Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Look I'm a Blogger!

Hi everyone! I am sitting here with my friend Cheryl (otherwise known as my "blogging coach"). She is helping me to learn how to this on my very own laptop.  Thanks to my friend Dawn who accompanied me to make this purchase.  All of  this is once again proving that while I am "computer dumb" I am highly educatable.

This week has continued to be very busy.  However, as the temperature drops outside and there is lots of snow on the ground, moving to Central America is seeming like a better and better solution!  This week I have received information from the trainers looking after the Canadian component of my preparation (Jan 4-17).  There will be 18 of us from across Canada and the United States, gathered for two weeks in Scarborough.  The participants will be going on assignment in Central and South America, Africa, the Middle East and I think Asia.

I have also received information from the language school I'll be attending in Cuernavaca, Mexico (Jan 21-Feb 25). Cuernavaca is called the "City of Eternal Spring" because the temperature is so temperate year round.  Wish me luck, I have to complete  an on-line Spanish exam, so that they can determine my learning needs.

Thanks for sharing this journey with me and I'll keep you posted on my new adventures.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lynn, looks great! I'm looking forward to meeting you in person in a few short weeks...

    Sarah Shepherd

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lynn. Congrats on successfully getting this up and running. I will look forward to hearing of your advdentures as the journey continues. I might have said "started" but we know it really started some time ago. Blessings, my friend, with each step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, let's see how I did this. let me know if you see this. So first I had to create an account. Which I did yesterday. So today I went on McCauley calling. I was signed in becasue I went to my own account first....probably didn't need to do that. So my email address came up at the top right corner as signed in.Then I scrolled down to this spot and I am typing away and I will push preview and then post. I suspect you need to have created an account to post on anyone's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck Lynn, looking forward to reading about your adventures.

    James Pew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes Lynn. Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to reading all about your adventure. Good Luck, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays and good luck on your wonderful and exciting new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynn,

    I am so looking forward to the weekly updates and pictures. It will be like you are just down the hall and keeping us all up to date of your travels and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying the blog and also the comments. You have done so much already and I will try to follow faithfully so keep a blogging whenever you can and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lynn from Bev and Brent. We are excited for you and hope your flight and settling in have gone well. Bev arrived here in Hong Kong safely ( albeit a little weary as to be expected! ) She's keen to keep tabs on you from her travels. Keep up the posts!

    Brent

    ReplyDelete